Friday, February 17, 2012

Cheesy Potato & Broccoli Soup

My mother has a penchant for creating dishes in the kitchen using the leftovers from a previous meal. Unfortunately, she rarely writes down what she did, so even if it turns out really good, we have no way of replicating the dish. She recently made a soup that was so good I made her write down what she did to make it.

I love soups of all kinds. Potato soup and broccoli & cheese soup are two of my favorites. So this soup that combines the two is something that I know I'll make again and again.

Cheesy Potato & Broccoli Soup

1/4 cup (or less) chopped onion, sauteed in butter
2 cups chicken broth
4-5 potatoes, peeled & cubed
1-2 T. fresh parsley, chopped
3/4 to 1 cup broccoli florets
4 slices American cheese
1 cup milk
Salt to taste

Cook first four ingredients until potatoes are tender. Mash potatoes a little bit to get smaller chunks. Add broccoli florets and cook about 5 minutes. Add cheese to soup and stir until melted. Add milk and salt to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment