Monday, January 17, 2011

Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Scones


I came home from a trip craving cinnamon chocolate chip scones. I was a little short on my usual ingredients, but I decided to make some anyways. When they turned out well, I posted a picture, and my friends wanted the recipe, so here is what I put together:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, chilled, diced
1/2 cup chocolate chips
2/3-1 cup water

1) Preheat oven to 400°F.
2) Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt & cinnamon.
3) Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4) Mix in chocolate chips.
5) Add 2/3 cup water and stir. Add water until dough resembles good cookie dough.
6) Spoon dough onto cookie sheet; shape into round discs about the size of your palm.
7) Bake 15 minutes; serve hot! (Just don't burn yourself)

No comments:

Post a Comment