Tuesday, February 1, 2011

In Search of Clotted Cream

I have tried over the past month to find a source for clotted cream. I tried it once and absolutely fell in love. But apparently Arkansas is the wrong place to be looking. I can purchase it over the internet, but that gets too expensive when it's shipping from England.

I finally abandoned all thought of buying it and started searching for recipes for how to make it. And actually, the basic method is not that complicated. Why have I not tried it? Because I cannot find any cream that is not ultra-pasteurized. I'm told I can use pasteurized heavy cream, but not ultra-pasteurized.

My last resort is Whole Foods. I really hate to have to go to that part of town, but if they have pasteurized cream, I will make the trip as I am getting a bit desperate.

1 comment:

  1. The English Tea Store's website sells clotted cream. in very very small containers mind you, but they have it!

    ReplyDelete